Monday, January 16, 2006

when it comes time to say good-bye

Add Image



After three and a half years I still get a lump in my throat when it comes time to say good-bye.

It is amazing the to see the strength of the emotional attachment that can take place in two, three, and four-day work tips. The boy above played and worked with the group from Anderson Indiana for three days. Now the work is done and it is time to leave. The joy that was there not fifteen minute before has been replaced by pain. The pain of knowing he may never see this girl again.

My heart aches at moments like this, and yet I find tremendous joy in knowing that the work we do here has such an impact on everyone involved. It is not something easily explained, but if you ever get to experience it will take your breath away.

God your power still amazes me.

No comments: